Welcome to BeaufortThreeCentury.org, a news, information and communication service available on the Internet's World Wide Web. The service is a product of the Beaufort Three-Century Project, working in conjunction with The Beaufort Gazette newspaper and beaufortgazette.com, which hosts the site. The Beaufort Three-Century Project is a nonprofit, 501c3 organziation, and The Beaufort Gazette and beaufortgazette.com are divisions of East Coast Newspapers, Inc., a subsidiary of The McClatchy Company.
Copyrights and trademarks
Material published on BeaufortThreeCentury.org, including articles, photos, graphics, bulletin board postings, audio and video clips, and other content, is copyrighted by the Beaufort Three-Century Project, or by other information providers who have licensed their content for use on BeaufortThreeCentury.org. Additionally, the entire content of BeaufortThreeCentury.org is also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws; the owner of the collective work is the Beaufort Three-Century Project and The Beaufort Gazette. You cannot reproduce, republish or redistribute material herein without the written consent of the copyright owner.
You may, however, electronically store a reasonable portion of BeaufortThreeCentury.org content for your personal, noncommercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer's hard drive, a single copy on a disk or other media or a single copy in printed form. You agree, however, that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the content or create a database using the content.
These rules also apply:
1. You will not in any way violate the intellectual property laws protecting the content accessible through BeaufortThreeCentury.org. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the content, including logos, trademarks or service marks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of BeaufortThreeCentury.org or others.
2. You will not reuse, republish or otherwise distribute the content or any modified or altered versions of it, whether over the Internet or otherwise, and whether or not for payment, without the express written permission of the Beaufort Three-Century Project or a third-party copyright holder.
3. You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by the Beaufort Three-Century Project related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any material copyrighted by the Three-Century Project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Three-Century project cannot grant permission to reuse or republish material posted here for which it does not hold ownership rights.
Member Content is any information you provide to us or other users in the registration process, in any public message area (including the forums area) or through any email feature. You are solely responsible for Member Content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Member Content. Member Content must conform to the guidelines set forth under Online Conduct below. BeaufortThreeCentury.org reserves the right to remove any material that it believes may violate these Terms or Use, or any copyright or third-party rights.
If you believe that BeaufortThreeCentury.org or any user of BeaufortThreeCentury.org has infringed your copyright in any material way, please notify email@example.com and provide the following information:
1. An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
2. An identification of the material on BeaufortThreeCentury.org that you claim is infringing or is subject to infringing activity, with enough detail so that we can locate the material on our site.
3. Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
4. A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
5. A statement by you declaring that the above information in your Notice is accurate, made under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest involved.
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
The Beaufort Three-Century Project, BeaufortThreeCentury.org and its logos are registered service marks or trademarks.
By submitting any Member Content to BeaufortThreeCentury.org, you automatically grant the Beaufort Three-Century Project, BeaufortThreeCentury.org, The Beaufort Gazette and beaufortgazette.com a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without any payment to you, in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed. In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way BeaufortThreeCentury.org or beaufortgazette.com uses such content.
1. Members shall not provide any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
2. Members shall not use any portion of BeaufortThreeCentury.org for any unlawful purpose and will comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
3. Members shall not use any portion of BeaufortThreeCentury.org for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. Only the owner or a representative designated by the owner may upload copyrighted material to BeaufortThreeCentury.org.
4. Members shall not use any portion of BeaufortThreeCentury.org for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that is harmful to minors in any way, harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
5. Members shall not use any portion of BeaufortThreeCentury.org for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
6. Members shall not attempt to interfere with any other person's use of BeaufortThreeCentury.org.
7. Members shall not misrepresent their identity nor impersonate any person.
8. Members shall not hold themselves out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the Beaufort Three-Century Project or The Beaufort Gazette.
9. Members shall not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by the Beaufort Three-Century Project, BeaufortThreeCentury.org, The Beaufort Gazette or beaufortgazette.com. in connection with BeaufortThreeCentury.org Web site.
To register a complaint about another user's conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's use of BeaufortThreeCentury.org
Other services and information providers accessible through BeaufortThreeCentury.org have their own policies about children's privacy, and you should contact them directly for their policies.
BeaufortThreeCentury.org strongly recommends that parents supervise the use of the Internet by their children. A number of commercial products are available to help limit access to material on the Internet that you may consider harmful or inappropriate for your child.
While BeaufortThreeCentury.org strives for accuracy, it does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information or database on our service. Nor does BeaufortThreeCentury.org guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading will be free of defects. Neither the Beaufort Three-Century Project, The Beaufort Gazette nor any of its information providers shall be liable in any way to you or the other parties for delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the material published in BeaufortThreeCentury.org.
While we take reasonable steps to ensure that no viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to the quality and performance of BeaufortThreeCentury.org and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with the user of our service.
Likewise, BeaufortThreeCentury.org does not warrant that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free. BeaufortThreeCentury.org makes no warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose any information published on the BeaufortThreeCentury.org Web site or any products or services sold through the BeaufortThreeCentury.org Web site.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed on BeaufortThreeCentury.org bulletin boards represent the individual's own views and not necessarily those of BeaufortThreeCentury.org. BeaufortThreeCentury.org does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice and opinions made by anyone other than authorized BeaufortThreeCentury.org spokespersons.
Any investment decisions or other actions that users take based on information available on BeaufortThreeCentury.org should first be reviewed by a competent financial adviser or other professional.
THE BeaufortThreeCentury.org SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR PRODUCT ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY LINK TO ANOTHER WEB SITE OR RESOURCE).
In no event will BeaufortThreeCentury.org be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use BeaufortThreeCentury.org, or any information or services provided on BeaufortThreeCentury.org, even if BeaufortThreeCentury.org has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on BeaufortThreeCentury.org.
This agreement between BeaufortThreeCentury.org and its users will be governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of South Carolina. Beaufort County, South Carolina has jurisdiction in any dispute arising from this agreement. In the event that any provision of this agreement is found to be in conflict with the law, such provision shall be restated to reflect the original intent, and all other terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Questions and comments about BeaufortThreeCentury.org
We hope you enjoy using BeaufortThreeCentury.org. Questions and comments about the content of BeaufortThreeCentury.org may be sent by submitting an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We read all comments sent to us and try to respond to as many as possible. Technical questions regarding your software, your configuration or your connection should be directed to your Internet access provider. BeaufortThreeCentury.org cannot address questions except those specifically about content and services that we provide.